How healthy is your soil? Get it tested with the URI Master Gardeners who will be at the library on Saturday, April 21 from 9 am to noon. The test will find out its pH, and help you decide how you can make your soil better. Prepare a sample using the following steps:
1. Dig eight scoops of dirt from the area you want to test.
2. Put the scoops in a quart baggie and mix.
3. Take one cup of dirt out of the baggie and air dry.
4. When the dirt is dry, put it in a sandwich baggie.
5. Label the baggie with a permanent marker, i.e. front lawn, vegetable garden, etc.
6. Bring up to two samples, and enjoy the library while your soil is tested. Your results will be ready in about 1/2 hour.
Free and open to all.