What You Need to Know About our Closure & Curbside Pickup
*Updated May 29, 2020*
Barrington Public Library is pleased to offer Curbside Pickup for books, movies, and more! To be sure that the pickup is safe and contactless, please follow the instructions below:
Call-In Days: Mondays & Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- Library staff will take calls to reserve library materials on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm at 401-247-1920 x3. The easiest way to find materials is to search the online catalog and limit your search to items currently available at Barrington Public Library. No more than five items may be requested per visit.
- When you call the library please have your library card ready and as much information about the items as possible, such as title and author, call number, and location in our building. Once the order is taken, you’ll be given a time to pick up your items on the next day.
Pickup Days: Tuesdays from 10 am to 2 pm & Thursdays from 10 am to 7 pm
- When you arrive at your reserved time, wait in your car and call the number on the sidewalk sign outside the entrance of the library. Your items will be placed in a paper bag with your name written on the outside. A staff member will place the bag on the sidewalk at the bottom of the entrance stairs. Please wait for the staff member to retreat before leaving your car to retrieve your items.
- You may return your items in the book drop or you can keep them through the end of the loan period, which has been extended through July 1.
Please note that orders for materials can only be placed during the Call-In Days on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
Let's all stay safe,
- Visit Ocean State Libraries - Library Closings for all information related to library closures, library cards, holds, delivery, etc.
- We have extended your due dates (now thru July 1), and will be waiving fines that accrue during this crisis retroactively to March 1. You may still receive automated notifications from our system that fines are accruing. We apologize for that. Please disregard them and know that your library will be able to waive those fines once you return the items.
- Our book drop is open if you'd like to return your materials.
- Although the Library is closed, Reference is open to you! Reference staff are available via email, Live Librarian Chat, and social media. Visit our Ask A Librarian page for hours and platforms to reach us. We're still here to help you!
- Online Learning & Enrichment Resources