Book donations are a great way to support your library. The Friends of Barrington Public Library accepts and maintains all book donations. Donations must be in good condition. Donations may be added or removed from our collection following the criteria of the library collection development policy. Donations may also be sold in the library book sale. Proceeds from the sale of these items help to fund library services. All donations become the property of the library and cannot be returned.
We are currently accepting donations on specific days.
Mondays and Thursdays from 9 am to 4 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 3 pm.
Call the library at 401-247-1920 x2 with your inquiries. No appointment necessary. Donations must be in boxes or bags.
Book donations are only accepted on the specific days and at the book donation door. This door is located at the rear of the building facing the Peck Center for Adult Enrichment (Senior Services) parking lot. The door has a set of steps with a railing. There will be a sign on the door indicating book donation drop off.
The door will be unlocked during the indicated times only.
Do not leave donations in the library book drop or outside the book donation door. Donations must be in boxes or bags.
Guidelines for donations
We will accept the following materials in good condition only:
- Hardcover and paperback books (with covers)
- Compact discs (CDs) in original cases
- DVDs in original cases
- Books on CD (audiobooks) in original packaging
- Puzzles (all pieces must be included)
- Textbooks (no older than 10 years)
- Computer (PC) or console (Nintendo) games
- Vinyl record albums
- Activity books (preferably unused)
We will not accept the following:
- Any materials that have mold, stains, or odors (including smoke)
- Books without covers
- Magazines or newspapers of any kind
- Cassettes (VHS, audio) of any kind
- Computer software
- Computers, eReaders, and other electronic items
- Toys, including stuffed animals
- Office supplies
If you need a receipt for tax purposes, the library will provide one. Federal regulations prohibit the library from giving estimates of value for donated materials. Receipts are available at the reference desk upon request.