The popular on-demand film streaming service Kanopy is available for Barrington Public Library cardholders. Access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming films instantly by visiting barringtonlibrary.kanopy.com.
Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
Offering what the New York Times calls “a garden of cinematic delights,” Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
With the motto of "thoughtful entertainment," Kanopy provides Barrington Public Library cardholders access to films of unique social and cultural value—films that are often difficult or impossible to access elsewhere and programming that features diversity.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Visit barringtonlibrary.kanopy.com.
- Create a new account with your email address.
- Once you receive the email verification, you login and enter your Barrington Public Library card number.
- You can watch up to 10 films per month (called "play credits"). You have 3 days to watch each film.
- Play credits reset on the first of the month.
- You can access Kanopy from any device, including iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), Kanopy announced an update: