Most museums and institutions are gradually reopening. Reopening dates are subject to change depending on public health data, and state and local regulations. We will do our best to update each museum pass as we learn of any reopening. Additionally, there may be travel restrictions in place due to COVID-19. We recommend you contacting the museum or institution before planning your visit.
Experience a museum from home! Try a virtual tour of popular museums across the globe. New England Aquarium is offering virtual tours and activities.
Barrington Public Library offers free or reduced admission to museums and cultural attractions around southern New England thanks to the generosity of the Friends of Barrington Public Library.
Please note an update (2/26/2021) about the following passes:
Boston Children's Museum - Temporarily closed until further notice.
Harvard Art Museums - Temporarily closed until further notice.
Harvard Museum of Science and Culture - Temporarily closed until further notice.
Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston - Temporarily closed until further notice.
Museum of Science, Boston - Pass unavailable at this time.
Mystic Aquarium & Institution for Exploration - Pass unavailable at this time.
Providence Children's Museum - Pass unavailable at this time.
Rhode Island Historical Society - Temporarily closed until further notice.
RISD Museum of Art - Temporarily closed until further notice.
Roger Williams Park Zoo - Pass unavailable at this time.
Procedure for Museum Pass Use
- Have a valid Ocean State Libraries library card to reserve a museum pass
- Passes may be reserved up to two weeks in advance either by person, by phone or through the library website
- Each family is allowed no more than two (2) different passes per week during vacation weeks and holiday periods
- Each family is allowed to check out no more than two (2) passes on any given day
- Returnable passes are due back to the Library by 9 am the day after use
- A fine of $5 per day is placed on your library card for overdue returnable passes
- Patrons are responsible for replacement of lost passes; cost varies for each museum
- Museum hours vary or change without notice.
With our online booking you can view available passes, pass details, place your reservation and receive an email reminder to pick up your pass at the Reference Desk.
Reserve your museum pass online or call the Reference Desk at 401-247-1920 x2.