A book club for those who like to read cookbooks and enjoy a community meal.
The group meets monthly on the third Monday night of the month from 6:30 to 8 pm. Participants are asked to bring a dish to share from that month’s cookbook and their own table setting.
Registration is required. Space is limited.
To register, contact Community Engagement Librarian Jessica D’Avanza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401.247.1920 x7.
This month's cookbook theme is Scandinavian/Nordic cuisine and includes the following titles:
- Aquavit by Marcus Samuelsson (2003)
- Faviken by Magnus Nilsson (2012)
- Fika by Anna Brones & Johanna Kindvall (2015)
- Fire + Ice by Darra Goldstein (2015)
- The Great Scandinavian Baking Book by Beatrice Ojakangas (1988)
- Kitchen of Light by Andreas Viestad (2003)
- Scandinavian Feasts by Beatrice Ojakangas (1992)
- The Scandinavian Kitchen by Camilla Plum (2011)
- Swedish Cakes and Cookies translated by Melody Favish (2008)
Sponsored by the Friends of Barrington Public Library
* Please note that this program involves food and/or drinks prepared for and by the participants and, therefore, attendees choosing to partake of the food and/or drink available during the event do so at their own risk.